Thursday, December 13, 2007

YouTube, Where YouChoose the Politics

Although this blog offers evidence to the contrary, I have never been one to speak up about politics. In fact, for a period of time after 9/11, I specifically avoided the issue. When the topic of Iraq came up, opinion seemed to become so polarized that it was near impossible to discuss politics in a civil manner.

Then, I was listening to a classmate talk about his views one day. His knowledge amazed me, and realizing how little I knew, I just listened. I liked and disliked what I heard, but either way, his arguments were damned persuasive. This was an epiphany for me - talking about politics really could change someone's opinion!

So I figured that I should start talking, and what better place than to do it on YouTube? I started a channel called Crashtheparties that was going to be completely run by the viewers. It was to be an experiment - I would discuss whatever topics the majority of the viewers wanted. In time, if they asked for a specific or different opinion, I would give it. I wanted to see what people really wanted to hear.


Add a Comment


Ultimately, I pulled back from the channel after just one video. Part of me was uneasy about starting a record of my political opinion that would forever be around, but part of me is still curious, and I am reconsidering making more videos during winter break. If you are interested, leave a comment telling me what interests you.

No comments: